(This page is a part of the contradance pages maintained by Kiran Wagle)
A double contra: four-facing-four; two couples facing two couples.
- Forward and back in lines of four
- Ladies grand chain to gent diagonally across;
- courtesy turn to face along the lines of four
- Hey for four along the lines of four, starting ladies right shoulder
- Balance and swing person from courtesy turn;
- end facing into original group of eight (gents are facing original direction, ladies are not)
- Gents left hand star 1/2
- Swing partner and face original direction
David notes: "The best way I've found to correctly orient the dancers at the end of A1 is to tell them at the beginning of the dance that they have a same-sex trail buddy, the person of the same sex in their line of four. Then after the chain, I tell the dancers to courtesy turn until they are facing the couple containing their trail buddy. The trail buddies will always pass in the middle of the hey."
David also wrote Dr Brown's Prescription, A Proper Trifle, and Ralph and Donna's Dance. You can email him at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
GO to the contradance home page,
the article index,
the list of books,
the list of dance weekends,
the list of bands, musicians, and callers,
the page of random pages,
or the top of this page.
Last updated on February 15, 1995 by
email@example.com (Kiran Wagle)