Recommendation Report Formatting Project
This project gives you an introduction to an important type of report—the recommendation report—which is useful in consulting work.
Note: Name your recommendation-report file using your first name and initial followed by _recommrep1 (changing the number with each successive draft): for example, davidm_recommrep1.doc.
If you've not studied recommendation reports yet, see:
To format the text of the recommendation report:
- Download the text at http://www.prismnet.com/~tcm/engl2311/guides/new_recomm_practice.doc
- Download the first graphic: new_recomm_practice1.gif
- Download the second graphic: new_recomm_practice2.gif
- Read the instructions at the top of that page. You supply paragraph breaks, headings, numbered and bulleted lists, summary table, and corrections (as listed on the materials page).
- Download the template document. This template shows you exactly how your formatting work should look. Just paste your text over the existing text.
- The conclusions section is formatted as regular paragraph text. Format it according to the guidelines you see for recommendation reports.
- Reformat the material for the summary table as a table. (It is in paragraph form in the materials file.)
- Format the information-sources page, using the guidelines at Information sources.
Maintained by email@example.com.