(This page is a part of the contradance pages maintained by Kiran Wagle)
Caught in the Act
A duple improper contra.
The action begins when the actives realise their partners are gypsying their neighbors.
- Circle left
- Allemande right neighbor 1-1/2
- Allemande left next neighbor twice
- Gypsy original neighbor an integral number of times :-)
- End gypsy below original neighbor, women facing out and men facing in
- Chase "lady round two and the gent cut through; gent around two and the lady cut through"
- Active woman walks in a clockwise direction around the inactive couple above while the active man follows her until he can (and does!) cut through the inactive couple. The man now walks clockwise around the couple above, while the woman follows until she can and does cut through the couple.
- Actives balance & swing, end facing down
Donna also wrote the Awesome Double Progression Dance, The Brown Bag Reel, Contra Clockwise #1, and Follow the Lady, which are collected in Midwest Folklore and other dances, a wonderful book of dances published in honor of Orace Johnson by the Urbana Country Dancers.
David Kircher wrote Ralph and Donna's Dance for her wedding to Ralph McAllister.
Ralph and Donna wrote Highway Hypnosis.
GO to the contradance home page,
the article index,
the list of books,
the list of dance weekends,
the list of bands, musicians, and callers,
the page of random pages,
or the top of this page.
Last updated on June 10, 1996 by
firstname.lastname@example.org (Kiran Wagle)