(This page is a part of the contradance pages maintained by Kiran Wagle)
Dr Brown's Prescription
A duple improper contra.
Dr Brown is one of the DC area's better-known dancers.
- Ladies allemande right 1 1/2 and swing partner
- Gents allemande left once and a little bit
- Allemande right trail buddy (the same person throughout the dance) once and a little bit
- Allemande left partner
- Ladies balance and swing in the center of the set; turn out from the swing to face partner
- Left shoulder gypsy partner once
- Ladies chain across
David notes: "The trail buddy is on the gent's left and the lady's right at the end of the partner swing. The gypsy in B2 is barely once around, but takes up a full eight counts; it should be danced slowly and sensuously. The transition from B2 to A1 is unusual, but most intermediate dancers manage it without difficulty."
David also wrote Ralph and Donna's Dance, A Proper Trifle, and Fast Living. You can email him at <email@example.com>
GO to the contradance home page,
the article index,
the list of books,
the list of dance weekends,
the list of bands, musicians, and callers,
the page of random pages,
or the top of this page.
Last updated on February 13, 1995 by
firstname.lastname@example.org (Kiran Wagle)