(This page is a part of the contradance pages maintained by Kiran Wagle)
Eye of the Storm
A duple improper, double progression contra.
This dance is difficult to visualise, but flows remarkably well--try it! The dance was composed in 1985 as Hurricane Gloria was going overhead; Dan writes "You may want to include a link to the Hurricane Gloria Storm Track GIF file."
- Circle 3/4 and swing partner
- Circle 3/4 (all are home) and neighbors allemande right twice around
- Half hey, women pass left shoulders in center
- Face in direction of progression to find a new couple (progression 1)
- Half hey with the new couple, women pass right shoulders in center, on to the next (progression 2)
Dan notes, "You only do the second 1/2 hey with the second couple before you move on. That's it!" The dance was previously published in the CDSS newsletter.
- Balance & swing new neighbor
Dan also wrote Beneficial Tradition, and The Rendezvous. You can email him at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
GO to the contradance home page,
the article index,
the list of books,
the list of dance weekends,
the list of bands, musicians, and callers,
the page of random pages,
or the top of this page.
Last updated on April 10, 1996 by
email@example.com (Kiran Wagle)