Online-Help Modeling Project
The following includes the instructions for creating a model of the small help project and how to name and send it to your instructor.
Naming and Sending This Project
- Compile your help project, and send the compiled file to your instructor&8212;not the working project files. Name this project according to the instructions on your schedule page, and send it as an e-mail attachment to your instructor.
- Expect to receive e-mail confirmation that your instructor has received your files. If not, contact your instructor.
Instructions on Modeling the Online Helps
If you cannot easily read the text in the following screen captures, download the actual high.chm file. Also, you can copy the text directly off the help when you download it and display it on your own computer.
Note: Macintosh users! Get in touch with your instructor if you have problems with this project.
Notice in this first screen capture several things, and make sure your project is similar:
- The title in the blue window bar.
- The introduction that displays in the reading panel when you first open these helps.
- The book and topic icons in the TOC panel.
- The hypertext links on the bulleted list in the reading panel.
- The pop-up box that displays when you click "highlighting."
- The link on "highlighting" in the note that takes you to www.prismnet.com/~hcexres/textbook/high.html.
- The use of 10-point Arial font for body text, and 14-point bold blue Arial for headings.
In this next topic, notice the following:
- The pop-up box for "commands."
- The use of blue italic run-in labels for the bulleted items.
- The indentation of the examples after every bulleted list item.
- The use of 9-point Courier New in the indented examples.
- The related-links button which provides links to the other two topics.
Here is the rest of the text for this project. Remember that if you download the .chm file, you can copy the text directly from the displayed helps.
Text for the other topic screens.
Programs and information provided by firstname.lastname@example.org.