U.S. Civil War
|These sources of information were
used to gather information about the 62nd NY Volunteer Infantry, the
178th New York Volunteer Infantry and the 9th New Jersey Volunteer Infantry
from the U.S. Civil War. They are available in most larger public libraries
and some university libraries. Most can be borrowed through the InterLibrary
Loan Program at local libraries.
- Dyer, Frederick W. A Compendium of the War
of the Rebellion. New York: T. Yoseloff. 1959.
- United States War Dept. The War of the Rebellion:
A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate
Armies. Series. Washington: GPO 1880..
- U.S. Christian Commission. Record of the
Federal Dead; Buried from Libby, Belle Isle, Danville, and Camp
Lawton Prisons, and at City Point, and in the Field before Petersburg
and Richmond. Philadelphia: James B. Rodgers, Printer. 1866. (Requests
for lookups from this volume can be emailed to Judith Haller, email@example.com)
- Phisterer, Frederick. New York in the War
of the Rebellion. Albany: J. B. Lyon. 1911. 6 Volumes.
- State of New York. Dedication of Monument
Erected by the State of New York at Andersonville, Georgia 1914.
Albany: JB Lyons Co, Printers. 1916.
- State of New York. New York Monuments Commission
for the Battlefields of Gettysburg and Chattanooga. Final Report
on the Battle of Gettysburg. Albany: J. B. Lyon. 1900. pages
- New York, Adjutant General. Annual Report
of the Adjutant-General of the State of New York for the Year 1900.
Registers of the 57th, 58th, 59th, 60th, 61st, and 62nd Regiments
of Infantry. Serial No. 26. Albany: James B. Lyon, State Printer.
- New Jersey, Adjutant-General's Office. Record
of the Officers and Men of New Jersey in the Civil War, 1861-1865.
2 Volumes. Trenton, NJ: John L. Murphy, Steam Book and Job Printer.
- Drake, J. Madison. The History of the
Ninth New Jersey Veteran Vols. A Record of its service from Sept.
13, 1861, To July 12th, 1866. Elizabeth, NJ: Journal Printing
House, 74 Broad St. 1889.
- Drake, J. Madison. Fast and Loose in Dixie:
An Unprejudiced Narrative of Personal Experience as a Prisoner of
War at Libby, Macon, Savannah, and Charleston. New York: The
Authors Publishing Co. 1880.