Pat's cats and their pals
I have probably some of the laziest cats on the face of the planet.
My oldest cat is named "Pooh," and he's now about 6-7 years old, and
weighs about 15 pounds. While his official name is "Pooh,"
I sometimes call him "Boo-boo" and my former housemates called
"Alcatraz" since he was always looking for a way to get out of the
house. I took him in as a stray when he was just a kitty meowing his
ass off underneath the hood of a car on the street. With the help of a
housemate, I rescued him. He's been hanging out with me ever since. He's
a real cool cat.
Here's some early photos of Pooh when he was still a kittycat.
- Sitting on a pool table.
- Sleeping as only a cat can sleep. This
one cracks me up.
- Twisted every which way. I don't think
he can still do this anymore.
- Coming right at you. He's a bit taller
- Munching on Friskies. I opted to not
to get him addicted to wet food.
- Standing at attention. ATTEN-HUT!
- Hanging out with grandma.
- Getting comfortable on the La-Z-Boy.
- Letting me carry him around like a
- Standing behind the screen door. Amazing
how high he can stand up.
- Lounging on the floor. That's his
"door mat" trick.
- Relaxing on the sofa.
- Guarding the chair from would-be occupiers
of said chair.
- Begging for food. Damn scamp!
Here's some current shots of Pooh:
- Standing on the top of the refrigerator.
"I'm the King of the world!"
- Freefalling, it seems. "Oh Noooo!!!"
- Relaxing on the couch after a short
day's work. "Now this is the life."
- Top of my bookcase is a popular spot for Pooh.
- Playing dead is something he does
all the time. "Be vehwy vehwy quiet, I'm p'rayin' possum"
- Lying low underneath the table
is still a favorite pasttime. "Hey! You looking at me?"
- "Hello!" Pooh makes for a dapper
Last October, 1997, I visited a friend's wife's stables where they kept one of
their horses, and I met 4 kitties. Two were orange-black-white patchy calico
kitties named Lucy and Ethel. The calicos were heavy-duty mousers and hunted down
all sorts of small rodents with glee and purpose. The other two kitties were
solid white kitties with light blue eyes named Fred and Ricky. Gee, I wonder how
they got those names...but I digress. These white kitties were not so adept at
hunting down the rodents, but they were so much fun and affectionate.
I was toying with the idea of getting another cat for Pooh to play with
so he wouldn't be so bored around the house. I was given the opportunity
to take the 2 white kitties home with me, but at that time I balked at
the idea since I didn't think I could handle 3 cats in the house. A week
past, and my friend called to tell me that Ricky had been run over by one
of the horses at the stables, and Fred was very lost without his brother
around. My friend wanted to know if I'd like to take Fred because he did
not know what would happen to him otherwise. I thought about for a day
and called my friend back and told him that I'd take Fred home with me
I brought Fred back, kept him in the garage for the first night to keep
him separated from Pooh, who meowed the whole night at the door to the
garage since he knew another cat was in the garage. The next day I had
Fred checked out by the vet, and gave him all the vaccinations he needed
so he wouldn't pose a health problem with Pooh. And that's how I was adopted
Below are the early photos of when Pooh first met Fred:
- First time Pooh sees Fred, and
Pooh's very wary...
- Second time Pooh sees Fred, and Fred's
While Pooh tends to be very aloof, preferring to sit a foot from me on the couch,
Fred like to sit next to me on the couch or on my lap. Fred is more affectionate
and playful, but I can have cat conversations with Pooh. Fred does not meow much
unless he senses I have a snack in store for him. Fred is more aggressive and
always gets my leftovers. Pooh just hangs back unless I personally feed him the
table scraps. Fred never fails to wake me up in the mornings by gently pawing at
my head, but he does it softly so it's okay. Pooh could care less when I got up. :)
Here's some standalone photos of Fred when he was still about 2-3 months old, still
a kitty, and present day.
Fred has grown up quickly into a handsome white cat, though he still
acts like a little kitty. These are present day photos where Pooh
and Fred play, wrestle, eat and sleep together:
- "Hey Fred! Wanna play the fart game?"
- "Damn, Fred! you're a fast learner! ACK!"
- Hide and Seek: They remind me of Tom and Jerry sometimes.
- Sleeping after playing is huge priority for Fred.
- Curling up during the cold months of the year was good for both cats.
- Chilling in a box is fine with Fred. I love his expression here.
- Hugging is a good thing, right?
- Mmmm Mmmmm Good! Fred enjoys a treat as Pooh watch on. This pattern repeats itself often.
- Eating together is not a common occurence for the cats, so this shot is a keeper.
- Sleeping side-by-side only happens when they are both too tired to move elsewhere - Pooh's perspective.
- Sleeping side-by-side only happens when they are both too tired to move elsewhere - Fred's perspective.
- Nuzzling happens in a blue moon for these 2 kitties.
- Getting along after a short time with each other. I like this photo.
"Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!"(tm) Let's see who wears the pants in the family.
Pooh sometimes tries to open up a can of Whup-Ass on Fred with mixed results:
But Fred doesn't go down too easily!
- Pouncing on Fred is sometimes a moral imperative for Pooh.
- Getting in position is half the battle.
- Staying on Fred is easier than Pooh thought.
- Popping the left jab on Fred is second nature to Pooh.
- Wrestling between the 2 cats can be very entertaining.
After a good deal of wrestling for the day, both retire to the recliner.
- Quickly Fred turns the table on Pooh and the tide turns.
- Punching at Pooh's tummy looks like a 3 Stooges routine.
- Going for the takedown, Fred gets Pooh in a headlock.
These cats can be such posers on ocassion.
These are some more cat photos from friends and family:
These are photos of Vince's (a co-worker on mine) cats. Vince has 3 cats and just recently got adopted by the 3rd cat.
The 2 olders cats are named Piwacket and Yahweh:
- Brutus: This is my friend Fife's
- Brutus: I'm amazed my shoes' odor
didn't knock out Brutus.
- "Albie meet Fred, Fred meet Albie."
- Sididdy and Albie: My cousin Kimmie is
holding Sididdy and my aunt Rosa is holding Albie.
The new kitty is named Bacchus, a very cute white kitty with a pinch of grey.
- Piwacket is Vince's oldest cat. He's a shy cat, but very sweet.
- Piwacket is quite the workout cat too... and has abs of steel to prove it.
- Yahweh is the friendly cat.
- Yahweh is also quite the poser of the 3 cats.
Sometimes stray kitties hang around apartment complexes.
- Bacchus took to the basket for his bed quite readily.
- Basketcase Bacchus looks quite comfortable, eh?
- Posing is also a strong suit for Bacchus.
- Computer screens fascinate Bacchus...perhaps it's the mouse cursor.
- Checking out purses is a major activity for Bacchus.
- Shoes captivate Bacchus. :)
- Fingers also hold Bacchus's attention.
- "Oh yeah! That's the spot!"
- Sleeping is still a high priority for Yahweh and Bacchus.
Thanks for visiting my cat page. The cats say "Meow!" Hope you had fun.
- Stray Kitty #1 is one of 4 kitties from a litter that hangs around Vince's apartment.
- Stray Kitty #2 is the other kitty that I was able to snap a photo of because he wasn't too shy around a camera.
So how many have visited since 2-26-00?
Last revised on 09-13-1998 by Patman
Back to the [PatCave] [Emporium]