Overview of Technical Communication as a Profession
Reading about Technical Communication
Read as many of the articles about technical communication as you have time for: https://www.prismnet.com/~tcm/program/course_resources/careers_profession.html#definition
Also, take a look here About technical writing. Provided by David McMurrey.
Writing about the Profession
- As you read, be developing a summary of what you think this profession is all about and be thinking how to answer these questions. For each, create a separate paragraph and write at least 3 sentences for each one.
- Why is technical communicator preferred to technical writer?
- How can technical writers can create good documentation for advanced technology products when they themselves are not experts on those products?
- What are special skills that technical writers ideally must have to do their work successfully?
- What makes you right for this profession?
- In whichever software application you prefer, write your summary and answer to these questions. Please headings and vertical lists as necessary. Name this file with an identifiable part of your name, _overview, and a, b, c depending on the revision level. For example, davidmc_overviewa.docx
- Send this summary to me your instructor in an e-mail attachment.
Note: To be safe, keep a safe copy of this and all other assignments. Expect to receive confirmation from your instructor that your files have been received. If you don't receive e-mail confirmation in 3 or 4 days, get in touch with your instructor.
Programs and information provided by email@example.com.