This resources page for Technical Publishing with Adobe FrameMaker is currently being offered as ETWR 2472 (formerly, TCM 2623) at Austin Community College, Austin, Texas. For information about the current course, see:
Varieties of Technical Documentation
FrameMaker Resources & Tutorials
Please see the FrameMaker resource page.
- . From WebWord.com.
- Liability for Defective Documentation. Cem Kaner's important article justifying information testing.
- indoition.com. Quite a collection of "basic know-how, checklists, tools and links, which will help you to write create clear and concise user-friendly manuals."
- GrafX Design. Tutorials for Photoshop, Corel DRAW!, Paint Shop Pro, as well as general digital imaging techniques or animated GIFs.
- TECHWR-L Topic Summaries. Provided by John Renish, this site provides to lots of good stuff: resumes, document planning, grammar, usage, terminology, book lists, contracting, FrameMaker, RoboHELP, PDFs, RFP and proposals.
- Technical Communications Resources
on the World Wide Web. Developed by Teresa Ashley at Austin Community College. (Be sure and check the New Book List link.)
- TechCommunity Software Tools. Links to FrameMaker, Interleaf, RoboHELP and other tools such as LView and PaintShop Pro from this site.
- Indexing Evaluation Checklist. Made available by the American Society of Indexers.
- TC@MTU. A site for students and teachers of technical communication at Michigan Technological University.
- TechCommunity Resources for Technical Communicators. Links to HTML and graphic resources from this page.
- STC ó Austin Chapter. Check the job listings and the resume posting here as well as at other STC web sites.
- Industry examples of hardware and software technical documentation. Explore these corporate websites for example documentation:
Information and programs provided by firstname.lastname@example.org.