Learning Drupal as a Basic User
To do these tasks, go to Drupal class site. If it's your first visit, click Log in then the Create a new account tab. You'll be set up as an authenticated user, with permissions to do all the tasks below.
Note: To do most of the following tasks, start by clicking Add content on the home page. I'm a new Drupal admin; if things don't work properly, let me know.
- Create a basic page and article with links. On our class Drupal site, create an article with an image and a basic page with an image. And say something interesting! Use this video if necessary: http://sites.austincc.edu/instructionalvideo/business-and-tech-comm/creating-an-article-and-page-with-images-in-drupal-8/. Use ACCstudent
- Create a blog. Go to the class Drupal website, click Blogs in the Tools menu, and create your own blog. Select one of the three categories (restaurants, books, or movies), and write something!
- Comment on a blog. Comment on an existing blog.
- Add a comment to a forum. Post something on an existing forum topic. Use this video to learn how to access and contribute to a forum: http://sites.austincc.edu/instructionalvideo/business-and-tech-comm/creating-and-using-a-drupal-8-forum/. Use ACCstudent.
Note: Just ignore the parts of the preceding video that show you how to create a forum.
- Vote in a poll. Vote on the existing poll. Use this video to learn how to access and contribute to a forum: http://sites.austincc.edu/instructionalvideo/business-and-tech-comm/creating-and-using-a-drupal-8-poll/. Use ACCstudent
Note: Just ignore the parts of the preceding video that show you how to create a poll.
When you have finished these tasks, send me e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs and information provided by email@example.com.