Character and Paragraph Styles in Word 2007
"Styles" in Word are valuable functions that you can use to make your work efficient consistent. Imagine having to apply Verdana, bold, blue, 16pt size, 3pts above and 12 pts below to every heading in a long document! A "heading 1" style can accomplish that in one click.
To create a character or paragraph style:
- Open the Styles and Formatting task pane by clicking the Styles and Formatting icon on the ribbon.
- Click the New Style icon. The Create New Style from Formatting window will open.
- In the Name box, type a name for your new style.
- In the Style Type drop down box, select Paragraph, Character, Table, or List to specify the type of style you are creating.
- Select the options you want, or click Format to see more options.
Still to do:
- how to move styles to another document or template?
- where are styles stored?
- snafu with Normal used for list items
Programs and information provided by email@example.com.