Here's a facinating look at the roots of Chili and it's introduction
into our American culture - Chili Queens of San Antonio from the Hidden Kitchens series on NPR.
- Antique Chili Recipes
- Early Domestication of Chile Peppers Confirmed - Dave DeWitt New!
- Out of the Ash: The Prehistoric Chile Cuisine of Ceren - Dave DeWitt New!
- The Great Chili Con Carne Project at fiery-foods.com.
- Oklahoma Chili History
- LBJ Chili Legend
- Chili or Chilli?
- History and Legends of Chili
- San Antonio: A Historical and Pictorial Guide , Charles W. Ramsdell,University of Texas Press, 1959.
- Nobody Knows More About Chili Than I Do - H. Allen Smith
- J.C. Clopper's Journal - the first written description of Chili?
- Wolf Brand Chili from The Handbook of Texas Online
- "Chili" Search of the Handbook of Texas Online archives
- History of the Chilli Pepper - from The Great Chilli Farm (seed source)
- The Food Timeline - putting chili into perspective (look down at the 19th century)
- Capsicums: Innovative Uses of an Ancient Crop - Paul W. Bosland
- Texas Chili Restaurant - memoir of growing up in grandmother's San Fransisco chili parlor
Back to the Chili page.
Copyright © 1994-2006 Wayne Preston Allen. All rights reserved..